Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 6:
Did about 3 of hours yesterday and, as I had already guessed, found the transom completely water logged and rotted. The challenge now is how to get the old one out and new one in when this hull is not build in the usual manner. I.e. there is no easy way to split the hull and deck or get at the stransom without cutting the sterm up.


Have decided I am going to replace all stringers and the bow support. So basically she'll be stripped back to nothing more than the fiberglass shell! Fun! At least I can now design and build the floor and storage areas exactly to my own specs.

Am also starting to settle on the likely final paint scheme... Pearl white with red GT stripes. Black gunwhale and windscreen frames, dark tinted acrylic windscreen. Interior flooring and painted areas a medium-dark grey with white upolstery (see seat below) and red or grey highlights.


No comments:

Post a Comment